Business owners have many responsibilities, including the maintenance and cleanliness of the buildings where their companies operate. Pushing these important tasks to the bottom of the priority list is tempting because it may seem like they won’t make a big difference in day-to-day operations. However, taking care of the dirty work involved in proper cleaning and care of a building offers many benefits, from increased productivity to improved health and safety for employees. This post explores the advantages of hiring a professional team for nightly janitorial services.
What are nightly janitorial services?
Nightly janitorial services are specialized cleaning and maintenance services typically performed after business hours and often at night. Services can include a variety of tasks such as sweeping, mopping, vacuuming, cleaning restrooms and breakrooms, emptying trash and recycling, dusting surfaces and equipment, and disinfecting high-touch areas. Cleaning services often include restocking supplies like paper towels, toilet paper, and soap.
Clean, organized workspaces and common areas are visually appealing and can positively impact productivity. While it can be challenging to maintain a clean, organized workspace, hiring a team of professionals can help you handle the cleaning of your office in an efficient, consistent manner. In addition to being aesthetically pleasing, tidy spaces free of trash and clutter boost productivity and employee morale in the following ways:
Cluttered workspaces can be distracting for employees. Distractions lead to lower levels of concentration and decreased productivity. A clean, organized workspace allows employees to focus on business tasks, increasing productivity.
Improved Air Quality
Dirt and dust lead to poor air quality, which can then cause respiratory problems, aggravating allergies and ultimately decreasing productivity. Regular cleaning of surfaces and equipment can reduce the amount of dust and dirt in an office building, improving air quality and decreasing the risk of illness.
Reduced Sick Days
Dirty workspaces may lead to increased use of sick days for employees due to germs and bacteria quickly spreading from dirty surfaces to hands and being carried around the office in an unending cycle. Professional janitorial services help reduce the risk of illness by regularly disinfecting surfaces, equipment, and high-touch areas. Studies show that employees working in a clean workspace used 24% fewer sick days than those who work in an unclean environment.
Instead of janitorial services, some business owners rely on their staff to keep their workspaces and common areas clean. When staff members are required to complete these cleaning tasks, it takes away valuable time from their job duties. Nightly janitorial services will clean and maintain workspaces, allowing employees to focus on core business objectives and maximize time spent doing their jobs.
Clean, organized workspaces can boost employee morale leading to a boost in productivity. Professional janitorial services help create a consistent, pleasant environment that is inviting and healthy for employees.
Saving Money for Business Owners
Due to lower productivity, untidy workspaces can cost a company millions of dollars annually. Although janitorial services do not typically include filing or putting away piles of work-related items, janitorial professionals do tidy up as they dust and disinfect surfaces in the office. Also, people usually “clean for the cleaners,” so if your staff knows you have a professional cleaning team coming, they are more likely to clear off surfaces to allow the janitorial team to do their jobs. Productivity decreases when staff members have to spend time searching for documents. When employees are motivated to keep surfaces clear of clutter, it helps them increase productivity. In addition, employees today prefer clean, disinfected spaces. When business owners prioritize cleaning and disinfecting with professional cleaning services, employees are happier and may improve their productivity.
Benefits of Hiring Professional Janitorial Services
Businesses of all sizes can benefit from hiring nightly janitorial services. Some of the most significant benefits include:
- Training: professional cleaning services train their employees in specialized cleaning techniques. A professional janitorial staff has the knowledge and experience to follow proper cleaning protocols. Additionally, a professional janitorial service has the right equipment to clean a workspace thoroughly and efficiently.
- Customizable Services: Nightly janitorial service providers will work with you creating a customized cleaning plan that meets your needs. Customizable options may include frequency of cleaning services, which areas to clean, and types of cleaning products and equipment used to clean specific areas.
- Saving Time and Money: Outsourcing cleaning to a nightly janitorial service can save time and money in the long run. A professional cleaning team will complete cleaning tasks faster than an untrained employee. Also, most cleaning companies bring their own cleaning supplies, so you will not have to buy and store supplies you don’t need to deep clean your building.
- Improved Health and Safety: a professionally cleaned workspace produces a healthier, safer environment for employees and visitors. Professional janitorial staff are experts in disinfection and trained to identify and clean high-touch areas, an essential step in decreasing the spread of germs in the workplace. Proper waste disposal by a trained janitorial team is critical to building cleaning and maintenance, reducing the risk of exposure to harmful substances.
- Cleaning Consistency: A consistent level of cleaning gives you confidence that your building is welcoming and presentable, and disinfected for health and safety.
- Eco-Friendly Cleaning: Commercial janitorial services often offer eco-friendly cleaning options that are safe for humans and the environment.
American Facility Care
We proudly serve Central Indiana as a leading commercial janitorial and maintenance service provider. We are committed to providing cleaning solutions tailored to our clients’ specific needs. We will work with you to establish a cleaning plan that meets your requirements and industry standards. At American Facility Care, we are committed to using environmentally friendly cleaning products and practices offering a range of eco-friendly cleaning options. Our eco-friendly cleaning options include green cleaning products and sustainable waste disposal practices.
If you need professional nightly janitorial services in the central Indiana area, contact us today for more information! We are ready to help you design a plan that meets your needs and budget!